Now you can whiten your smile in the comfort of your own home or at The Walk-in Dental Centre. These treatments can lighten discoloured teeth caused by tea coffee smoking, medication or smoking. You’ll notice your dazzling new smile and so will everyone else! Tooth whitening works best on yellowing teeth, but can also produce results on mottled teeth, and those with a grey/brown appearance caused by antibiotics. Dental whitening is a non invasive technique that does not in any way weaken or damage the tooth. It is one of the most simple but effective treatments available in cosmetic dentistry today.
6 things you want to know about tooth whitening:
1. Teeth naturally darken with age. This can be made worse by lifestyle habits such as smoking, and drinking coffee, tea and red wine.
2. Whiter teeth can make you look younger.
3. Whitening does not damage the teeth.
4. Tooth whitening can cause some teeth to become sensitive. This is generally mild in most people and disappears after the treatment is stopped.
5. The best results are elicited from a recommended course of home whitening.
6. Whitening gels only lighten the colour of the tooth, and will not affect fillings, crowns and veneers, which may need to be replaced after the teeth have been whitened.